We are still trying to help our master's son in his landscaping business. One important thing that came up is using the phone. The owner is the one that has the phone and answers all the calls. He also mows, puts in sprinkler things and a ton of other stuff. It is affecting his business and needs to be addressed. I came across some great suggestions for using the phone that I am going to share with you today.
Are you losing customers over the phone? Here are some useful suggestions from experts.
1. Let the caller know who you are when you answer the phone.
2. Smile over the phone. This really works!
3. Keep your caller informed.
4. Invite the caller to get to the point- ask "How may I help you".
5. If you don't have the answer, tell them when you will get back to them and then be sure you do it.
6. Thank the caller for calling.
7. Don't put them on hold.
8. Track your leads- Get their name, email, phone number, address, etc.
9. Ask them how they heard about you.
10. Be sure you have someone available during working hours to answer the phone...No Answering Machines!
Ok, I am off to check on Thomas Dos. Do some thinking about how you handle the phone. This can make or break a business. If someone calls and gets an answering machine, do you think they call back?? Probably not. They just take the next company listed in Google. How much business are you losing as a result? Just some cat food for thought!
Meow and Purrs till tomorrow.